TriTech Enterprise Systems, Inc. is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer with Cisco ASA/IPS expertise to augment an existing Network Security team for federal and state government agencies.
Related experience include: Network Security Engineer, Cyber Security Engineer, Firewall Administrator, and Firewall Engineer
An active Top Secret ( TS ) clearance is required with SCI eligibility also known as TS/SCI. Polygraph not required.
Location: Washington, DC
Job Status: Full-Time
- In a Multi-Level Security (MLS) environment, Design and maintain enterprise network firewall architectures with a demonstrated understanding of firewall topology and zone based methodology
- Apply knowledge of Cisco Network Security and Information Assurance (IA) products and techniques such as PKI, VPN, ASA firewalls, and intrusion prevention systems / intrusion detection systems (IPS / IDS) to implement and manage network security solutions in a secure Federal environment.
- Work with counterparts in other locations to establish and troubleshoot secure connections
- Troubleshoot failed network connectivity and determine root cause, whether from a firewall access-list, network address translation, route, or other configuration issue. Be able to troubleshoot routers, switches, and other network devices end-to-end in coordination with these activities. Provide recommendations for fix actions and develop follow-on activities to reduce risk by documenting data flows, and implementing standardized rule sets for affected services.
- Use Cisco Security Manager or other management tools to generate Health Performance Reports and event views.
- Perform log analysis, towards the goal of isolating traffic passing or not passing through a firewall, and then formulating specific rule-bases to either efficiently allow or block such traffic.
- Configure and manage Cisco ASA Active/Standby configurations
- Utilize tools such as Cisco NAM, Netflow to analyze application network performance.
- Analyzes and recommends resolution of security/IA problems on the basis of knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines.
- Implement standards for network objects and perform other standardization activities on firewalls
- Create and update network diagrams, and other documentation
- Provides daily monitoring, support and maintenance of Network Security systems
- Strong Understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, and OSI model
All work is performed on-site at a metro accessible Federal client in the heart of DC.
Benefits Overview: TriTech Enterprise Systems offers a competitive benefits package to all eligible employees
TriTech Enterprise Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer