TriTech Enterprise Systems, Inc. is actively seeking a skilled Oracle Database Developer. The Oracle Database Developer will act as the Oracle Database Developer for the CDR project and will perform development activities to design and develop CDR relational databases in ORACLE RAC and Linux environment.
Contract: Total Information Processing Support Services-4 (TIPSS-4)
Status: Full Time (40+ hours)
Work Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Primary Work Location: Germantown, MD 20876
Clearance: IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance is required
Citizenship: US Citizen or Permanent Resident
NOTE: This position is a combination remote/work at home and work at the IRS office. Depending on the needs of the business, the worker may need to work at the IRS building in New Carrollton, MD 50% of the time. This can vary from week to week.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will administer the various tax provisions included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), many of which either add to or amend the tax code, and several that require the IRS to build new tax administration processes that do not currently exist. The IRS Affordable Care Act (ACA) Coverage Data Repository (CDR) and Information Returns Database (IRDB) project will create a data repository to serve as the backbone for more than 16 other ACA projects. This will include acting as the operational database for ACA projects; storing data from ACA projects; and making data available to IRS systems, Health and Human Services (HHS) and other external organizations.
The Database environment for the project is Oracle and this individual will provide technical support and suggest the best hands on practices and demonstrate hands on experiences to guide team to develop a secure database application as per IRS security policy. Prior experience with Oracle databases as a developer will be required. This is a hands-on oracle database developer role for development environment and is not a production support DBA role.
- Develop/Design, update, and maintain CDR relational databases in ORACLE RAC and Linux environment. – 25%
- Provide support of development database design schema for integrating source data into data management systems. Provide support in accessing, manipulating, and preparing data within CDR database, investigating data structures, and analyzing data to attach meaning and value.– 25%
- Provide support in developing and optimizing SQL queries and tuning database operations both proactively and reactively. Provide support generating complex queries and reports – 20%
- Provide support on a wide range of database development and administration functions in a RAC configuration, including running test queries, troubleshooting database problems, maintaining version control of database entities, advising customers on new database features, and leading studies to evaluate the effectiveness of current database methods and procedures, investigation of issues arising from data loss and corruption – 10%
- Provide support to co-ordinate, organize and deliver database code. – 10%
- Communicate with the data modelers about design implications from database developer point of view. Prepare technical documents and present it to the business. – 10%
- Current Active IRS Medium Risk MBI clearance
- Demonstrated experience in Oracle 11g , PL/SQL as database developer– 8 years
- Demonstrated experience as Oracle Database developer (creating stored procedures, triggers, supporting application development teams) in the development environment - 8 years
- Demonstrated experience in SQL Tuning and Database tuning for large OLTP & DW systems (for example, large data file handling, experience with insert only systems, time variant data handling, partition maintenance, materialized views and query rewrite etc) – 8 years
- Demonstrated experience in large data file handling, experience with insert only systems, time variant data handling, partition maintenance, materialized views and query – 8 years
- writing Java code in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS or within a JBOSS application server - 5+ years
- Good oral communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience as Oracle DBA (creation and maintenance of the database, DDL/DML, backup/restore strategy, replication strategy).
- IRS system and data knowledge experience
- Familiarity with data modeling concepts (and IDA tool) and rational products
- Informatica and ETL concepts
- Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC) development
- AGILE iterative development experience
- Healthcare system experience
- Massively parallel database experience
- Ability to create technical documentation content and templates
Benefits Overview: TriTech offers a competitive benefits package to all eligible employees.
TriTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer